The Pet Tree House - Where Pets Are Family Too : These Store-Bought Bone Treats Could Kill Your Dog, FDA Warns

Thursday, November 30, 2017

These Store-Bought Bone Treats Could Kill Your Dog, FDA Warns

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning dog owners about store-bought "bone treats," saying they have led to multiple reports of pet illnesses and even death.

In a consumer update, the FDA said they have received nearly 70 reports of pet illnesses related to "bone treats." The illnesses reported by owners and veterinarians include: 

Gastrointestinal obstruction (blockage in the digestive tract)
Choking
Cuts and wounds in the mouth or on the tonsils
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Bleeding from the rectum
Death. Approximately fifteen dogs reportedly died after eating a bone treat.


To read more on this story, click here: These Store-Bought Bone Treats Could Kill Your Dog, FDA Warns 



/

No comments: