The Pet Tree House - Where Pets Are Family Too : What To Do If Your Dog Eats Halloween Candy

Monday, October 31, 2016

What To Do If Your Dog Eats Halloween Candy

Forget about witches and zombies; a seemingly innocuous bag of candy can be one of the scariest things that enters a dog owner’s home on Halloween. Calls to the Pet Poison Hotline increase twelve percent during the week of Halloween, making it the center’s busiest time of the year. We all know that chocolate can be deadly to dogs and other ingredients in candy – such as high amounts of sugar and fat – can also cause severe issues for our pup’s system. If a candy is sugar free, it may contain Xylitol which is extremely toxic and deadly to dogs, even in small amounts.

To read more on this story, click here: What To Do If Your Dog Eats Halloween Candy

Please share!













/

No comments: