The Pet Tree House - Where Pets Are Family Too : Are Your Pets Protected From Fire/Carbon Monoxide When You Are Away From Home?

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Are Your Pets Protected From Fire/Carbon Monoxide When You Are Away From Home?


I recently heard a story of where a family and their pets died from carbon monoxide poisoning, which has prompted me to write this story.

As you go about your daily life, have you ever thought what would happened if a fire broke out in your home or apartment while you were away? And your beloved pet is home alone. While I am sure most of you reading this have protection for your family and pets…there are some that don’t.

Not everyone can afford or choose to have the paid emergency system linked to the fire department. However, you can install the wireless smoke/carbon monoxide detectors. Did you know that some fire departments will come to you home and install them for free? You can call your local fire department to see if they offer this free service.

The advantage of having a smoke/carbon monoxide detector is that maybe a neighbor,or someone passing by will hear it when it goes off, and can get help to your home or apartment.

There are all types of smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, in several price ranges. May I suggest the Pet Emergency Stickers for your doors in the event of an emergency at your home or apartment while you are away, this will notify emergency responders of any pets that you have inside. This will prompt them to look for your pet and know what type of animal they are looking for.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says, Carbon monoxide, or CO, is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death.

Remember to change the batteries in your alarms!




/

No comments: